Paula Alberto LPC, CSAT-c
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist Board (Ohio) C-1300274
- Cincinnati Christian University
- Master of Arts in Counseling
Contact Paula at
JUMPSTART TO HEALING® programs are longer sessions which provides therapist and clients to go deeper in what has brought the person or couple into counseling than in the traditional 50-minute session. Jumpstarts may last a few hours, or two or three days. This is perfect for the person or couple who want quick results, or for those who live farther away from Cincinnati and traveling each week for a one-hour session is impracticable. Learn more about Jumpstarts here.
Thank you for your interest in working with me. I am a fully trained and licensed professional counselor in the State of Ohio, and a retired Army officer. I have a very broad experience base that provides me with unique insight into many issues that my clients may be struggling with. I love meeting and working with new people and am committed to helping people overcome their challenges and restore lost hope. Working with people who have been impacted by trauma or abuse is one of my passions and I am deeply committed to facilitating the healing of those wounds.
I have advanced, specialized training in Gottman Method Relationship Counseling, Sex Addiction Therapy, and trauma therapies like EMDR and Coherence Therapy.
Areas of Focus
- Couples and Relationship Counseling
- Betrayal Counseling
- Trauma/Abuse Counseling
- JUMPSTART TO HEALING®
In addition to being a fully Licensed Professional Counselor, Paula has advanced training in these areas.
- As a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) Candidate Paula is well suited to help those whose lives have been touched by problematic behaviors in the areas of sex, porn, and relational problems as a result of sex, porn, and related issues. In the world of sex and porn life can become very unmanageable. Paula has the training and experience to confidently guide you through the healing process, regain hope, create a vision for a different life, and find the power to change. Click here to learn more about CSAT training and Dr. Patrick Carnes. To learn more about sex and porn addiction, as well as how those issues impact relationships and partner visit our Resources page.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a form of therapy that is well-researched and demonstrated effective with a wide range of clinical issues. Advantages of EMDR include a powerful way to address troublesome memories, thoughts, or behaviors in a non-invasive manner. Click here to discover how this powerful tool can help a wide variety of life's problems.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA)