Rebecca Miller LPCC-S, CSAT
Rebecca's values of compassion, commitment, and competence guide her approach in working with clients. She believes that all individuals have the potential for growth, healing, and change when basic needs of significance and belonging are met. As a result of her own journey of healing, Rebecca is passionate about now coming alongside her clients on their own journeys. Rebecca is co-owner of Counseling Alliance LLC.
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervising Designation (LPCC-S)
Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist Board (Ohio) E.0501221-SUPV
Cincinnati Christian University
Master of Arts in Counseling, 2008
Areas of Focus:
- Betrayal Truama
- Developmental and Relational Trauma
Areas of Focus:
Rebecca has advanced training in these areas.
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT). As a CSAT, Rebecca 's focus is working with partners and spouses who have been impacted by the trauma of sexual betrayal. Believing that those who are in relationship with someone with problematic sexual behaviors often experience symptoms of post traumatic stress, Rebecca seeks to provide the highest quality of care for partners in a supportive and compassionate environment.
- Developmental and Relational Trauma Therapist (DARTT). The effects of relational trauma experienced during childhood can often be difficult to recognize in adulthood, especially when the adverse experiences were covert such as abandonment, love-withholding and enmeshment. Holding certification as a DARTT, Rebecca is qualified to treat adult dysfunctional behaviors by focusing on healing the 5 Core principles as described by Pia Mellody: self-esteem (loving the self), boundaries (protecting the self), reality (creating and knowing the self), needs and wants (taking care of the self), moderation (containing the self).
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Rebecca has received advanced training in EMDR Therapy and is qualified to utilize EMDR treatment. EMDR is a treatment approach that has been demonstrated to be highly effective in alleviating symptoms of distress associated with traumatic memories.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Spiritual, Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC)
- International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA)