Tim Barber LPCC-S, CSAT-S
- Cincinnati Christian University
- Master of Arts in Counseling, 2000
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervising Privileges (LPCC-S)
- Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist Board (Ohio) E. 4168
After 22 years in ministry, I made a transition into clinical mental health and teaching. I served for 13 years as Associate Professor in the Master of Arts in Counseling Program at Cincinnati Christian University. I am now the principle owner, Executive and Clinical Director of Counseling Alliance LCC. Key areas of my work include:
- Sex and Porn Addiction
- Relationships Counseling
- EMDR Therapy
- Trauma Therapy.
- JUMPSTART TO HEALING (TM)
to reach Tim Call 513-376-9757 Ext. 100
In addition to being a fully licensed clinical counselor, Tim has advanced training in three areas.
- As a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) Tim is well suited to help those whose lives have been touched by problematic behaviors in the areas of sex, porn, and relational problems as a result of sex, porn, and related issues. In the world of sex and porn life can become very unmanageable. Tim has the training and experience to confidently guide you through the healing process. Regain hope, create a vision for a different life, and find the power to change. For therapists who are in the CSAT training program Tim is also available for CSAT supervision. Click here to learn more about CSAT training and Dr. Patrick Carnes. To learn more about sex and porn addiction, as well as how those issues impact relationships and partner visit our Resources page.
- Tim also has advanced training in working with couples. He has completed Levels I and II of training in the Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT) developed by Dr. Stan Tatkin as well as training with Dr. John Gottman. Relationships are difficult. Learn why they are so tough and find healing for your relationships. Click here to learn more about the PACT model and Dr. Stan Tatkin.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is the third areas in which Tim has received advanced training. EMDR Therapy is an evidenced based treatment approach that has be demonstrated effective with trauma and a wide variety of other mental and emotional issues. Click here to discover how this powerful tool can help a wide variety of life's problems.
- JUMPSTART TO HEALING (TM). This approach has many advantages:
- Highly focused sessions that enable assessment and treatment of issues quickly and efficiently.
- An in depth focus that maintains momentum as opposed to the tradition "50-minute" session.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA)
Click here to Check out Tim's Blog.