Kathy Sprinkle LSW, CSAT-c
After several decades as a Social Worker working with at-risk youth, dysfunctional families and as a part-time graduate school instructor, Kathy joined the staff of Counseling Alliance in January of 2016. Her love of people, compassion, creative counseling techniques and team approach to therapy are the core of her counseling philosophy.
Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist Board (Ohio) S 0030524
Thomas More College B.S.
Cincinnati Christian University M. A.
Areas of Focus
- Betrayal Trauma
- Sex and Porn Addiction
- Couples and Relationship Counseling
- JUMPSTART TO HEALING®
contact kathy at
about my work:
In addition to being a Licensed Social Worker, Kathy has advanced training in these areas.
- Developmental and Relational Trauma Therapist (DARTT). The effects of relational trauma experienced during childhood can often be difficult to recognize in adulthood, especially when the adverse experiences were covert such as abandonment, love-withholding and enmeshment. Holding certification as a DARTT, Kathy is qualified to treat adult dysfunctional behaviors by focusing on healing the 5 Core principles as described by Pia Mellody: self-esteem (loving the self), boundaries (protecting the self), reality (creating and knowing the self), needs and wants (taking care of the self), moderation (containing the self).
As a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Candidate, (completing her training in November, 2017) Kathy is well suited to help those whose lives have been touched by problematic behaviors in the areas of sex, porn, and relational problems as a result of sex, porn, and related issues. In the world of sex and porn life can become very unmanageable. Kathy has the training and experience to confidently guide you through the healing process. She assists her client so that they regain hope, create a vision for a different life, and find the power to change. Kathy sees both clients who struggle with these issues and the partners who are impacted by it.
Kathy has received training from the Gottman Institute and has experience in Emotionally Focused Therapy to prepare her for working with couples. Relationships are hard and Kathy rises to the challenge of helping couples identify their unhelpful patterns and learn new ways of communication.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is the fourth area in which Kathy has received training. EMDR Therapy is an evidenced based treatment approach that has be demonstrated effective with trauma and a wide variety of other mental and emotional issues. Click here to discover how this powerful tool can help a wide variety of life's problems.
- JUMPSTART TO HEALING®. Learn more about the variety of options Kathy offers in the JUMPSTART TO HEALING® format. This approach has many advantages:
- Highly focused sessions that enable assessment and treatment of issues quickly and efficiently.
- An in depth focus that maintains momentum as opposed to the tradition "50-minute" session.
- Call today to speak to someone about a JUMPSTART TO HEALING® designed especially to meet your needs.
- International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- Healing Our Core Issues Instutute